- ASP.NET MVC/Core
- .NET Core and frameworks
- TDD: XUnit, NUnit
- IoC, Service buses (SNS, Rabbit)
- SQL Server, Redis, DynamoDB
- AWS, VMWare, Google Cloud
- HTML 5
- VueJS, React, CSS, LESS/SASS
- Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Appveyor, Travis, Gitlab
September 2018 — Current
- Various AWS-based event driven architecture projects using ML and experimentation approaches.
April 2017 — July 2018
March 2015 — February 2017
Senior Managing Developer
July 2013 — March 2015
July 2012 — July 2013
Whilst at Totaljobs Group I achieved the following:
- Worked in several roles in the organisation: Principal developer, Managing developer and Senior developer.
- In conjunction with the Packt work, my specialism was .NET Core and ASP.NET Core with Docker, and automation of the build process.
- Part of an agile team responsible for a Docker/.NET Core based AWS ECS API serving up to 80,000 requests per minute, including SNS/SQS event based system for managing various job-based events.
- Responsibility for devops work, owning the releases and monitoring, and pushing towards CD.
- The company is mostly AWS, managing AWS resources via Terraform, with additional Bash and Powershell for orchestration.
- I was one of the main contributors to the www.github.com/totaljobsgroup organisation, open sourcing parts of our code base to encourage open collaboration, most notably the Syringe project.
- Strong advocate for clean code and good, simple technical documentation in the Github Enterprise projects - I converted all the existing documentation to Markdown and then onto Github Enterprise and push for living (but minimal) documentation on all projects.
- I worked on most of the Totaljobs tech stack over the years noteably: an email service that sends millions of emails daily, content service for site wide HTML/CSS/JS and a Salesforce based order fulfillment service.
January 2011 — July 2012
January 2008 — July 2011
January 2004 — January 2007
January 2002 — January 2004
Open University January 2007 — January 2010
UWE Bristol January 1998 — January 2001
Media and Cultural studies
Awarded July 2016
Voted for by the department, this award recognises achievements by employees for the entire Stepstone set of companies.